Book Club Kits are available from all branch libraries and may be requested from the online catalog. The check out limit is 2 kits, the loan period is 60 days and a kit may be renewed 1 time. Available titles.
The Avid Readers Book Club will meet on fourth Wednesday each month at 1:00 pm to discuss the books that individual members have read during the past month. New members are always welcome to all groups. See Fairview's home page to confirm the date and meeting time. Call 224-6087 or email the Library for more information.
The Best Reads Book Club meets on the third Thursday of each month at 1:00 pm. Meetings are usually held in the Meeting Room of the Main Library in Franklin. New readers are welcome.
Selections for 2015:
- June: Deep Down Dark by Hector Tobar
- July: James Madison by Lynn Cheney
- August: Coal Black Horse by Robert Olmstead
- September: Some Luck by Jane Smiley
- October: Liar, Temptress, Soldier, Spy by Karen Abbott
- November: The Martian by Andy Weir (384 pp.; PB)
- December: Ella Minnow Pea by Mark Dunn (208 pp., PB)
Selections for 2016:
- January: The Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown(416 pp. PB)
- February: The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery (325 pp., PB)
- March: The Round House by Louise Erdrich (366pp. PB)
- April: The French Lieutenant's Woman by John Fowles (467 pp., PB)
- May: The Wright Brothers by David McCullough (336 pp., HB)
- June: John Saturnall's Feast by Lawrence Norfolk (432 pp.; PB)
- July: The Jew Store by Stella Suberman (321 pp., PB)
- August: One Second After by William Forstchen (352 pp, PB)
- September: Dead Wake by Erik Larson(448 pp, HB, published March 20
- October: The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion (304 pp.; PB)
The Bethesda Book Group for adults meets on the first Thursday each month at 6:30 pm. New members are always welcome. See Bethesda's home page for the current title and confirm the date and meeting time.
The Liberary Ladies Evening Book Group meets on the third Monday of each month at 6:00 pm in the Board Room of the Main Library in Franklin, and welcomes new members.Selections for 2015:
- June 15 The Storied life of A J Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin (260 p)
- July 20 We are Water by Wally Lamb (564 p)
- August 17 Still Life by Louise Penny
- September 21 A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson (544 p)
- October 19 Under the Wide and Starry Sky by Nancy Horan (466)
- November 16 A Summons to Memphis by Peter Taylor
- December 21 A Redbird Christmas by Fannie Flagg (229 p)
Selections for 2016:
- January - February Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel (532 p)
- March Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline
The Tuesday Morning Book Club is a joint venture between the College Grove Community Library & FiftyForward senior organization. The group meets on the third Tuesday each month at 9:00 am.