Book Club Kits are available from all branch libraries and may be requested from the online catalog. The check out limit is 2 kits, the loan period is 60 days and a kit may be renewed 1 time. Available titles.
The Avid Readers Book Club will meet on fourth Wednesday each month at 1:00 pm to discuss the books that individual members have read during the past month. New members are always welcome to all groups. See Fairview's home page to confirm the date and meeting time. Call 224-6087 or email the Library for more information.
The Best Reads Book Club meets on the third Thursday of each month at 1:00 pm. Meetings are usually held in the Meeting Room of the Main Library in Franklin. New readers are welcome.
Selections for 2015:
- January 15: Shine, Shine, Shine by Lydia Netzer
- February 19: Differential Equations by Julian Iragorri and Lou Aronica
- March 19: The Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline
- April 16: Fortunate Son by David Marlett
- May 21: Ordinary Grace William Kent Krueger
- June 18: All the Light we cannot See Anthony Doerr
- July 16: Deep Down Dark Hector Tobar
- August 20: James Madison Lynne Cheney
- September 17: Coal Black Horse Robert Olmstead
- October 15: Some Luck Jane Smiley
- November 19: Liar, Temptress, Soldier, Spy Karen Abbott
The Bethesda Book Group for adults meets on the first Thursday each month at 6:30 pm. New members are always welcome. See Bethesda's home page for the current title and confirm the date and meeting time.
The Liberary Ladies Evening Book Group meets on the third Monday of each month at 6:00 pm in the Board Room of the Main Library in Franklin, and welcomes new members.
Selections for 2014:
Selections for 2015:
- May 19 Ripper by Isabel Allende
- June 16 Calling me home by Julie Kibler
- July 21 The Spur and the Sash by Robert Grede
- Aug. 18 Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
- Sept. 15 And the Mountains Echoed by Kkaled Hosseini)
- Oct. 20 Sarah’s Key by Tatiana de Rosnay
- Nov. 17 The Daughter of Time by Josephine Tey
- Dec. 15 The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
- January 19 My Beloved Country by Sonya Sotomayor
- February 16 The Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline
- March 16 The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbach
The Tuesday Morning Book Club is a joint venture between the College Grove Community Library & FiftyForward senior organization. The group meets on the third Tuesday each month at 9:00 am.