PLEASE CLICK HERE TO READ AN IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT THE AVAILABILITY OF 2014 TAX FORMS. The IRS will start processing tax forms on January 20, 2015. Some 2014 forms are available to print on the irs.gov website under "current forms"
FORMS: The library provides forms supplied by the IRS. See the list of forms to find out if a specific form is available. The list is updated often, as availability of forms may change daily.
If an IRS form is not available it can be printed from the IRS website for 10 cents per page at the library.
The State of Tennessee individual tax form is available at http://www.tennessee.gov/revenue/forms/indinc/inc250.pdf. It can be printed for 10 cents per page at the library.
Tax assistance at the Williamson County Public Library, Main Branch. Households with income of $60,000 or less are eligible. NOTE: Times subject to change. Check the library's calendar for up-to-date information.
VITA/United Way (January 31 to April 15)
By appointment only. Call 615-830-7940 for appointments.
Please note: Mondays have the Self-Aid Kiosk with one VITA staffer only, from 9 am till 12:00 pm. The end time on all Wednesdays is promptly at 7:30 p.m. The 2014 end time on all Saturdays is promptly at 12:30 pm.
CLICK HERE for VITA dates
Additional tax assistance sites are available in the county. See the list below for other Williamson County locations.
Taxpayers need to bring the following items to the VITA sites:
- Photo identification
- Valid social security card for the taxpayer, spouse and dependents
- Current year's tax package, if received
- Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Form 1099)
- A copy of last year's federal and state returns, if available
- Bank routing numbers and account numbers for direct deposit
- Other relevant information about income and expenses
- Total paid for day care
- Day care provider's identifying number
- To file taxes electronically on a Married Filing Jointly tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.
After you have met with a tax assistance volunteer, you may need additional help filling out tax forms or answering tax questions.
Library staff are unable to provide this information. Suggested contacts:
- Calling the IRS for telephone assistance at 1-800-829-1040
- AARP State Office – Nashville 1-866-295-7274(toll-free)
- Going online for assistance at www.irs.gov
Still having a Federal Tax problem? You could get FREE help from the
Tennessee Taxpayer Project, a low income taxpayer clinic offered by the Legal Aid Society of Middle Tennessee.
What they do:
- Answer tax questions
- Help with IRS audits or exams
- Settle tax debts
- Stop tax liens
- Represent people in Tax Court (deficiency notices, etc)
- Get relief from joint tax debt (Innocent Spouse Relief)
- Get back your part of the tax refund (Injured Spouse Claims)
- Appeal Earned Income Tax Credit denials
- Employee/independent contractor disputes
- File appeals
For more information or an appointment, call The Legal Aid Society of Middle Tennessee
1-866-481-3669 (toll free)
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) provides online tax products and services for taxpayers with disabilities. Individuals may visit the IRS Accessibility page (www.irs.gov/uac/IRS.gov-Accessibility) to download forms, publications, and other products and to access tax-related videos in English and American Sign Language. The IRS recommends checking the website often as it is continuously adding more products to assist persons with disabilities.
The Martin Center – Brentwood
960 Heritage Way, Brentwood TN By appointment only
Beginning February 3
Seniors 1st priority
1 hour appointment
Tuesday & Thursday 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Williamson County Public Library – Fairview Branch (VITA)
2240 Fairview Boulevard
By appointment only - call 615-830-7940
Beginning January 31, 2015 - April 15, 2015
Thursday 2:00 p.m.- 6:00 p.m.
Saturday. 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Fifty Forward Center – College Grove (VITA)
By appointment only - Thursday 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
8607 Horton Highway
Spring Hill Public Library (VITA)
By appointment only
Call Diane Bennett (VITA) 931-797-2154 for appointment
144 Kedron Parkway
Begins January 16, 2015
Fridays 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturdays 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
You can access the IRS website 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at www.irs.gov to:
Access free tax preparation and e-file services
Check the status of your refund
Download forms and instructions
Order IRS products online
Search publications online by topic or keyword
To Order Tax Forms & Publications: 1-800-829-3676
Tax Help and Questions:
Business & Specialty Tax: 1-800-829-4933
TeleTax (24-hour Pre-recorded Tax Info) 1-800-829-4477