FORMS: The library provides forms supplied by the IRS. Please consult the list of forms to determine whether the form you need is available. The list is updated often, as availability of forms may change daily. Forms are available after January 1 on the second floor of the library.
If an IRS form is not available Reference Staff will be happy to print a copy from the IRS website for 10 cents per page.
The State of Tennessee individual tax form is available at http://www.tennessee.gov/revenue/forms/index.htm Click on "Tax-Specific Forms" then "Individual Income Tax." Again, we will be happy to print a copy for 10 cents per page.
Tax assistance at the Williamson County Public Library, Main Branch NOTE: Times subject to change. Please check the library's calendar for up-to-date information.
VITA/United Way (February 2 to April 15)
Call 615-830-7940 for appointments.
Please note: Mondays have the Self-Aid Kiosk with one VITA staffer only. The end time on all Wednesdays is promptly at 7:30 p.m. The 2013 end time on all Saturdays is promptly at 12:00 Noon.
- Sat. Feb. 2, 9 a.m.-12 Noon
- Mon. Feb 4, 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Wed. Feb. 6, 4-7:30 p.m.
- Sat. Feb. 9, 9 a.m.-12 Noon
- Mon. Feb. 11, 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- No VITA on Wed. Feb. 13
- Sat. Feb. 16, 9 a.m.-12 Noon
- No VITA on Mon. Feb. 18. Library is closed for Presidents Day.
- Wed. Feb. 20, 4-7:30 p.m.
- Sat. Feb. 23, 9 a.m.-12 Noon
- Mon. Feb. 25, 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Wed. Feb. 27, 4-7:30 p.m.
- Sat. March 2, 9 a.m.-12 Noon
- Mon. March 4, 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Wed. March 6, 4-7:30 p.m.
- Sat. March 9, 9 a.m.-12 Noon
- Mon. March 11, 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Wed. March 13, 4-7:30 p.m.
- Sat. March 16, 9 a.m.-12 Noon
- No VITA on Mon.-Sat. March 18-23.
- Mon. March 25, 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Wed. March 27, 4-7:30 p.m.
- Sat. March 30, 9 a.m.-12 Noon
- Mon. April 1, 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Wed. April 3, 4-7:30 p.m.
- Sat. April 6, 9 a.m.-12 Noon
- Mon. April 8, 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Wed. April 10, 4-7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, April 13, 9 a.m.-12 Noon
- Mon. April 15, 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. – Final day.
Additional tax assistance sites are available in the county. See the list below for other Williamson County locations.
Taxpayers need to bring the following items to the VITA/AARP sites:
- Photo identification
- Valid social security card for the taxpayer, spouse and dependents
- Current year's tax package, if received
- Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Form 1099)
- A copy of last year's federal and state returns, if available
- Bank routing numbers and account numbers for direct deposit
- Other relevant information about income and expenses
- Total paid for day care
- Day care provider's identifying number
- To file taxes electronically on a Married Filing Jointly tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.
After you have met with a tax assistance volunteer you may need additional help filling out tax forms or answering tax questions.
Library staff is unable to provide this information Instead you may try:
Still having a Federal Tax problem?
You could get FREE help from the A Low Income Taxpayer Clinic
*not associated with Williamson County Public Library
What they do:
- Answer tax questions
- Help with IRS Audits or Exams
- Settle tax debts
- Stop tax liens
- Represent people in Tax Court (deficiency notices, etc)
- Get relief from joint tax debt (Innocent Spouse Relief)
- Get back your part of the tax refund (Injured Spouse Claims)
- Appeal Earned Income Tax Credit denials
- Employee/independent contractor disputes
For more information or an appointment call The Legal Aid Society of Middle Tennessee
1-866-481-3669 (toll free)
Community Service Center
129 W. Fowlkes Street
Monday through Friday 9:00 am - 4:00 pm appointment only
Graceworks Ministries – Franklin
104 Southeast Parkway, Suite 100
Tuesday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Thursday 9:00 am – 7:00 pm
Franklin Housing Authority
101 Spring Street
Monday 4:00 – 7:00 pm
Wednesday 4:00 – 7:00 pm
Friday 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
AARP - The Martin Center – Brentwood
960 Heritage Way
Beginning February 1
Seniors 1st priority
1 hour appointment
Tuesday & Thursday 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Williamson County Public Library – Fairview Branch
2240 Fairview Boulevard
By appointment only
Beginning January 26, 2012
Thursday 2:00 - 6:00 pm
Saturday. 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Salary max $49,000.00
Fifty Forward Center – College Grove
368-7093 call to set up an appointment
8607 Horton Highway
Spring Hill Public Library
144 Kedron Parkway
9:00 am - 3:45 pm Monday
10:00 am - 3:45 pm every other Wednesday
9:00 am - 12:00 pm Thursday
9:00 am - 4:00 pm Saturday
You can access the IRS website 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at www.irs.gov to:
Access free tax preparation and e-file services
Check the status of your refund
Download forms and instructions
Order IRS products online
Search publications online by topic or keyword
To Order Tax Forms & Publications: 1-800-829-3676
Tax Help and Questions:
Business & Specialty Tax: 1-800-829-4933
TeleTax (24-hour Pre-recorded Tax Info) 1-800-829-4477
Send your order for tax products to:
Internal Revenue Service
1201 N. Mitsubishi Motorway
Bloomington, IL 61705-6613