New premium database provided by the library. Learn to write an resume and cover letter, tips and advice, interview simulations and more.
rder="" style="float: right; padding: 5px"/>
Research various companies with this online database. Good for pre-interview research! This is a library funded resource.
Juju job search engine
Online job searching website. Browse by category, location, company and keywords.
The Riley Guide:
The one stop shop for your online job search. Includes online job sites and additional services useful to the online job seeker.
Career Center resources are located on the second floor of the Williamson County Public Library. Here you will find local and national resources to assist you on your job hunt. For more resources and information visit the library or call 615-595-1243.
One-On-One sessions may be scheduled by appointment with a member of the Reference staff. Please call or stop by the Reference desk to schedule a 30 minute session. One-On-Ones are limited to patrons with a valid library card. Session topics include how to use the library's resume software, review a resume for content and appearance, how to modify your traditional resume into PDF or scanned format, review Microsoft Office programs, social networking sites, setting up an email account, etc.
Computer classes offer basic, library-resource instruction for beginning and intermediate Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint programs. To register for classes call the Reference Department at 615-595-1243, and speak with a Librarian. If you are routed to voice mail or to another department continue calling 595-1243 until you have reached a Librarian. All sessions are held in the Main Library Computer Lab and seating is limited to 20. The current class schedule is posted on the web site.
Library materials are available to library patrons with an account in good standing.
For a complete list of titles please review the Career Center's Featured List.
PREMIUM ONLINE RESOURCES
- Many items are available for checkout and may be requested online through the library's catalog.
- Reference materials, call number beginning with an "R", are available at the Main Library in Franklin.
- Online resources are available in the library and from home and require a current library account number or user account.
- Library guests may use Reference materials, computers and online resources while visiting the library.
IN LIBRARY RESOURCES
- Career Transitions
Online career guidance and planning resouce. Patrons of all ages may explore careers, education and training options, strengthen job search skills and build their own portfolio. Login = library account number.
Library funded database offering career tests, workplace skills tutorials and interview preparation. Remote access requires a current library account number.
Library funded database of companies throughout the United States. Remote access requires a current library account number.
- eBook Collections: EBSCOhost and R.E.A.D.S.
Provide on site and remote access to books in PDF or epub formats. EBSCOhost requires a current library account number to access eBooks from home. R.E.A.D.S. requires a current library account number to check out titles.
- WinWay Resume Deluxe CD software. Available only in the Career Center of the Main Library. Resume Wizard will guide user to find closest job title match from 14,000 resumes, individualize the resume. Select an attractive theme or style and create industry standard email file formats. The Auditor feature is designed to find mistakes with dates, assistance with salary questions, and supply answers for sample interview questions.