Story Time @ the Main Library
Toddler Time Parents and their children ages 1 1/2 to 2 years are invited to Toddler Time on Tuesdays at 10:00 am and 11:15 am in the Story Theater. Caregivers will have fun engaging their toddlers in a variety of activities including stories, songs, movement, music and more!
Preschool Story Time Parents and their children ages ages 3 to 5 years are invited to Preschool Story time on Wednesdays (in English and Spanish) and Thursdays at 10:00 am in the Story Theater. Both days offer entertaining and educational stories, songs, crafts, and early literacy skills. No reservations required.
The Snuggle Bug Club is a monthly lapsit program that uses music, stories, movement, and more to encourage interactions between caregivers and babies ages 0 to 18 months of age. It is held on the fourth Friday of each month at 10:00 am in the Children's Department.
Kids Quick Lists From the Catalog
In a Series
8 preschool computers available for young children with stories and games.
8 homework computers with internet access (parental permission is required) for students up to 12 years. Adults accompanying children may also use these internet access computers. No Facebook.com or Youtube.com is allowed on these computers. Black and white copies are available for $.10 per page, color copies are $1.00 per page.
- ALPHABET Letters.org - lots of alphabet activities and printables
- AR BookFinder - find Accelerated Reader titles and levels
- thebestkidsbooksite.com - an interactive media channel
- Books from Birth of Middle Tennessee a community literacy initiative of the Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt.
- Build Your Wild Self - New York Zoos and Aquarium
- Governor's Books from Birth Foundation is an innovative partnership with Dolly Parton's Imagination Library.
- Dolly Parton's Imagination Library Foundation goal is to foster a love of reading among preschool children and their families by mailing a specially selected book each month. Dolly wanted every child to have books, regardless of their family’s income.
- Kids Series Fiction Mid-Continent Public Library
- New York Times Best Sellers Children's Picture
- New York Times Best Sellers Children's Chapter
- New York Times Best Sellers Children's Paperback
- New York Times Best Sellers Children's Series
A to Z the USA Information about the States and Territories
A to Z the World Culture Information about 175 countries
Children's Homework Resources: GVRL Blackbirch Kid's Visual Reference of the United States, 2003; Blackbirch Kid's Visual Reference of the World, 2002; Junior Worldmark Encyclopedia of World Cultures, Junior Worldmark Encyclopedia of World Holidays; Pirates through the Ages 2011
Kids InfoBits Topics include animals, arts, entertainment, health, inventions & inventions, math, plants, people, geography, science, social studies, sports, technology, and transportation.
Learning Express Elementary students may practice math and reading skills. Middle school students may practice math, reading comprehension, social studies, writing and high school entrance exams. Need help with logging in or with computer settings? See instructions on the database page.
Salem History: access in library or remote access, 1960s-1990s Decades in America, Great Athletes, Great Events: Ancient World - 20th Century, Great Lives: Ancient World - 20th Century, Inventors and Inventions
TEL4U galaxy of eBooks, homework helpers, games and activities brought to you by the Tennessee Electronic Library
World Book online encyclopedia