Story Time @ the Main Library
Toddler Time Parents and their children ages 18 months to 3 years are invited to Toddler Time on Tuesdays at 10:00 am and 11:15 am in the Story Theater. Caregivers will have fun engaging their toddlers in a variety of activities including stories, songs, movement, music and more!
Preschool Story Time Parents and their children ages 3 to 5 years are invited to Preschool Story time on Wednesdays and Thursdays at 10:00 am in the Story Theater. Both days offer entertaining and educational stories, songs and early literacy skills. No reservations required.
The Snuggle Bug Club meets every Friday at 10 am. This is a weekly lapsit program that uses music, stories, movement, and more to encourage interactions between caregivers and babies ages 0 to 18 months of age.
Kids Quick Lists From the Catalog
In a Series
8 preschool computers available for young children with stories and games.
8 homework computers with internet access (parental permission is required) for students up to 12 years. Adults accompanying children may also use these internet access computers. No Facebook.com or Youtube.com is allowed on these computers. Black and white copies are available for $.10 per page, color copies are $1.00 per page.
Launchpad Learning Tablets for Kids. These sturdy devices are pre-loaded with ten ad-free, high-quality learning apps that are fun and educational, and support learning objectives in school curricula. The devices are perfect for kids ages 3 to 10+. Checkout is limited to county residents, 18 years of age or older, for a period of 1 week. Requests for a Launchpad may be placed in the catalog, search call number "launchpad", or ask your home library staff for assistance.
- ALPHABET Letters.org - lots of alphabet activities and printables
- AR BookFinder - find Accelerated Reader titles and levels
- thebestkidsbooksite.com - an interactive media channel
- Books from Birth of Middle Tennessee a community literacy initiative of the Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt.
- Build Your Wild Self - New York Zoos and Aquarium
- Governor's Books from Birth Foundation is an innovative partnership with Dolly Parton's Imagination Library.
- Great Websites for Kids sponsored by the Association for Library Service to Children.
- Dolly Parton's Imagination Library Foundation goal is to foster a love of reading among preschool children and their families by mailing a specially selected book each month. Dolly wanted every child to have books, regardless of their family’s income.
- kidcental tn provides information on health, education, development and support to Tennessee families, as well as a searchable State Services Directory. Families can create a Parent Profile to receive information tailored to the specific needs of their child.
- Kids Series Fiction Mid-Continent Public Library
- New York Times Best Sellers Children's Picture
- New York Times Best Sellers Children's Chapter
- New York Times Best Sellers Children's Paperback
- New York Times Best Sellers Children's Series
- Youth Media Awards 2014, American Library Association
A to Z the USA Information about the States and Territories
A to Z the World Culture Information about 175 countries
Children's Homework Resources: GVRL Blackbirch Kid's Visual Reference of the United States, 2003; Blackbirch Kid's Visual Reference of the World, 2002; Junior Worldmark Encyclopedia of World Cultures, Junior Worldmark Encyclopedia of World Holidays; Pirates through the Ages
Kids InfoBits Topics include animals, arts, entertainment, health, inventions & inventions, math, plants, people, geography, science, social studies, sports, technology, and transportation. The database includes the Lexile level for magazine and newspaper articles.
Learning Express Elementary students may practice math and reading skills. Middle school students may practice math, reading comprehension, social studies, writing and high school entrance exams. Need help with logging in or with computer settings? See instructions on the database page.
Powerspeak Languages Spanish, French, German, Italian, Russian, Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, Inglés ESL and Chinese ESL
Salem History: access in library or remote access, 1960s-1990s Decades in America, Great Athletes, Great Events: Ancient World - 20th Century, Great Lives: Ancient World - 20th Century, Inventors and Inventions
TEL4U galaxy of eBooks, homework helpers, games and activities brought to you by the Tennessee Electronic Library
TumbleBook Library ebooks for ekids. Read along books are available in English, French, and Spanish. Read on a computer or moblie device.
Biblioteca Tumblebook leer en una computadora o tableta electronica como el iPad.
World Book online encyclopedia