The Library purchased ebook readers to provide access to electronic books. eReaders are available for check out only from the Main Library in Franklin. Requests for a specific reader may be placed by phone, (615) 595-1277, during regular business hours. The circulation rules, restrictions and fees are outlined below.
- 18 years of age or older
- Live in Williamson County, Tennessee.
- Present a library card in good standing in accordance with existing Library policy.
- All fines and fees paid prior to checkout.
- Library account must be older than 30 days.
- Present a valid photo id with current address and or proof of residency.
- eReader / eDevice will be checked for functionality and accessories before check out and when returned.
- Patrons are not permitted to download items or change the eReader / eDevice's operating system.
- Checkout limit is one (1) eReader / eDevice per account.
- eReader / eDevice may be borrowed for 3 weeks.
- eReader / eDevice may not be renewed.
- Overdue fines will be assessed at one dollar ($1.00) per day up to the replacement cost of the eReader / eDevice and accessories.
- Maximum fine when returned $10.00.
- eReader / eDevice must be returned to the Circulation Desk.
- Sign the agreement form prior to check out and with each subsequent check out.
- EReader / eDevice must be picked up in person at the Main Library Circulation desk and returned to the Circulation desk.
- Agree to pay the replacement cost if the eReader / eDevice is lost or damaged.
- Agree to pay the replacement cost if the eReader / eDevice is returned in a book drop.
- eReader / eDevice: cost of eDevice as noted in the item record.
- Accessories: case: $30.00; USB power adapter $30.00; USB cable $20.00.
- Patron may replace lost eReader / eDevice or accessories with new equipment of the same brand and model.
- Change the eReader / eDevice configuration: $25.00.
- Return in the book drop: cost of the eReader / eDevice. Processing Fee: $5.00.
User Agreement for Borrowing an eReader
Borrower must be 18 years old with a library card that is current and in good standing, do not owe fines or fees and agree to comply with the eReader / eDevice Circulation Policy.
I, ________________________________________________, take full responsibility for the eReader I am checking out. I agree that if I fail to return, or if returned damaged or unusable or if the item(s) are lost, stolen, or broken, I will pay the replacement cost for the eReader, its protective case, its charging USB cable, its USB power adopter and any other assessor included with the eReader at the time I take possession.
I agree to pay overdue fines of $1.00 for each day I fail to return the eReader after business hours on the due date. If the eReader / eDevice is more than 10 days overdue and I do not return it, I understand that I will be held responsible for the cost to replace the eReader / eDevice if I don't return the eReader / eDevice within 3 days of being notified.
I understand that the eReader must be returned to a library staff member at the Circulation Desk. The eReader / eDevice may not be returned in the outdoor or indoor drop boxes. If I return the eReader in a drop box, I will be charged the replacement cost of the eReader.
I agree to return all eReader equipment in the same order and condition as when received.
I agree that the eReader is in working order at the time I am checking it out.
User Initials ____________
Patron Signature: ___________________________________
Patron Printed Name: ______________________________________
Driver License Number: _______________________________
Note marks on eReader / eDevice or accessories: _____________________________
Check Out List: staff initial on left
_____ eReader / eDevice brand _________________
_____ power adapter & cable
Barcode # 3 0100 _______________________
Returned by ________________________
Add name if reader is returned by someone other than the card holder]
Check In List: staff initial on left
_____ eReader / eDevice _________________
_____ power adapter & cable