Email us at email@example.com
The Friends of the Williamson County Public Library (WCPLtn) is a non-profit, 501(c)3 service organization dedicated to the advancement of our community through its library. Friends' contributions, fund-raising activities, and volunteer efforts support adult and youth programs, maintain and increase collections, and provide new technologies, equipment and other improvements. Friends-sponsored book sales are held four times a year with all monies going directly back into the library.
The Friends of the Library believes our public library is the heart of the community and is dedicated to enriching lives. The Friends believes the library helps satisfy the thirst for knowledge and seeks to maintain and enhance the library services offered to the citizens of Williamson County.
What We Do:
- Volunteer time and talent.
- Provides fundraising activities to purchase books, other types of media &
needed material and improve library programs, services and facilities beyond
those provided by the library budget.
- Provides continuing education for Library staff.
- Sponsors used book sales in our yearly 3 big book sales, special Children’s Book
Sale and our honor system Friends Book Store.
- Sell Book Tote Bags & Tee Shirts for convenience of patrons and promotion
of our library and Friends of WCPL
- Encourages gifts, endowments, and memorials.
- We are advocates for the Library in our community by promoting the
community’s knowledge of the library’s functions, resources, services and needs.
- Serves as a medium through which Friends of the Library may become acquainted
and share their enthusiasm and concerns for the library.
Ways You Can Help:
- Sorting books and other help in the Sorting area
- Work at the Friends Book Sales
- Provide lunch or snacks & water for volunteers working at the book sales.
- Volunteer to help at a Friends event like “Boo! Books with Friends” on Halloween, help at Make-A-Thon in May, help host a Friends social event or a Friends appreciation event for Library Staff.
- Serving on the Friends board of officers and directors.
- Chairing or helping on the following committees: Membership, Hospitality,
Communications, Publicity and Fundraising
Join the Friends
Annual membership dues are: $15 Individual, $25 Family, $10 Student, $50, Silver, $100 Gold and $500 Platinum for those who want to show even greater financial support for Friends of WCPL. Please make checks payable to "Friends of the WCPL."
You may join the Friends or renew your membership in three ways:
- Mail a check and membership form to:
- Friends of the Williamson County Public Library
- 1314 Columbia Avenue
- Franklin, Tennessee 37064
- Drop off your check and membership form at the Main Library Circulation Desk.
- Coming Soon! Join by signing up on our web page with electronic payment.
To ensure that our records are up to date, please fill out and return a membership form with your payment.
- President -- Debbie Eads
- Vice President --
- Treasurer -- LaVerne Sweeney
- Secretary -- Marifran Hiltz
- Book Sale Chair --
- Online Amazon & Ebay Book Sales - Josh Austin
- Communication Chair -- Debbie Eads
- Historian -- Kay Bjork
- Historian -- Marie Jordan
- Hospitality Chair -- Marne Smith
- Membership Chair --
- Public Relations -- Dolores Greenwald
- Public Relations -- Randi Peters
- Sorting Room -- Connie Lipscomb
- Friends Book Store Co-Chairs – Phyllis Singleton & Jo Ellen Hunter
- Director at Large – Lori Scarbrough
December Membership Meeting
Thursday, December 1st, 2016 at noon. Doors will open at 11:30 am. Special guest author speaker, J.T. Ellison.
The Friends annual membership meeting is held each December in the Main Library Meeting Room. The Friends will provide lunch. All current and interested members are encouraged to attend this important meeting. Applications will also be accepted for new members and renewing members. Please mark your calendar, and plan to join us for this fun and informative meeting.
2017 Book Sale Dates
The Spring Book Sale for 2017 will be held Friday through Sunday, March 3, 4, 5, 2017.
Friday 9:00 am – 4:30 pm
Saturday, 9:00 am – 4:30 pm
Sunday, 1:00 – 4:30 pm ($5.00 per bag all day)
*Friends Members Preview Sales are Thursdays 5-7 pm prior to sale dates.
Plan ahead for the entire year! The remaining book sale dates for 2017 are:
*May 19, 20, 21 - Fri, Sat, Sun
*July 28, 29, 30 - Fri, Sat, Sun
*November 3, 4, 5 - Fri, Sat, Sun
Used Book Donations
The Friends appreciates all who gift the Library with gently used books and other materials. Materials that are accepted benefit the Library in several ways. Donated items are often used either to supplement the Library's collection, or to replace damaged or missing items. Materials that are not appropriate for these purposes are transferred to the Friends to be placed in the Book Sale. See the Gifts and Donations guidelines for more information.
The Friends encourages interested patrons to purchase new books for the library. Cash and check donations can be accepted by the library to purchase new books for the collection.
Patrons may also donate books to honor an individual, give as a gift, or to commemorate a special event. Library staff will acknowledge donors and honorees/memorials when the donation is received. A book plate will be placed in each book(s) purchased with a donation of $20. For more information, contact the Acquisitions Librarian, 615-595-1242, ext.4.
To volunteer or for more information please contact Debbie Eads, President Friends of WCPL, at 615-595-1250 ext 1182 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.