- Login to EBSCOhost with your LIBRARY ACCOUNT NUMBER.
- Click LOGIN button.
- Click CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT link located above "Sign in to access . . ." blue box.
- Complete all fields.
- Note: limit User Name to 20 characters or less.
- Note: password must contain at least 5 characters with 100 character maximum.
- Click SAVE CHANGES button.
- Your account has been created
- Note: Please remember your new password for future reference. Upon clicking Continue you will be signed in as a personal user.
- Click CONTINUE button.
- The following screen opens.
There are several methods to search for eBooks on EBSCOhost:
- BROWSE BY CATEGORY by selecting a category from the column on the left.
- View the LATEST ADDED eBooks using the left and right arrows.
- Click VIEW ALL link to view a result list of all latest added eBooks.
- View Featured eBooks using the left and right arrows or click View All to view a result list of all Featured eBooks.
- The "Results for" list of eBooks related to your search terms display.
- Click the eBook Full Text link to read the book in the eBook Viewer tool.
- Click the TABLE OF CONTENTS link to view the chapters of an eBook.
- Click on a chapter link in the eBook Viewer tool by clicking on a hyperlinked chapter.
Note: Sections in the Table of Contents with a plus sign (+) can be expanded further by clicking the plus sign.
The Detailed Record can be viewed by clicking an eBOOK TITLE in the Results list.
The Detailed Record features listed in the left column include:
- A link to the eBOOK FULL TEXT.
- The TABLE OF CONTENTS link.
- FIND SIMILAR RESULTS link.
If the list of ebooks is the result of a search initiated in the FIND box, the Detailed Record, includes Search Terms Within this eBook section.
Search Terms Within this eBook display the most relevant sections of the eBook for the terms and are linked to the pages.
The section can be collapsed or expanded by clicking the plus (+) or minus (-) in the upper left corner of the section.
eBooks in this collection are NOT downloable. The books may be read online in the eBook Viewer.
Click the link in the Result list or Detailed Record.
- Fit Page to Viewport: Click the icon to fit the entire page into the viewport.
- Fit Page Width: Click the icon to fit the page by width in the viewing area.
- Fit Page: Click the icon to view the entire page in the viewing area.
- Zoom Out: Click the icon to zoom out on the page.
- Zoom In: Click the icon to zoom in on the page.
The Tools column displays on the right edge of the eBook. They are tools that allow you to search within the text of the eBook and save a notes on the eBook in your My EBSCOhost folder.
- Click the magnifying glass icon to search for terms within the eBook.
- Click the note icon to create a note about the eBook or a page of the eBook and save it to your personal folder.
- Click the dictionary icon to search for definitions of words in the eBook you are reading.
- Printer icon
- Add to folder: adds book to list saved in your
- Cite: create AMA, APA or Chicago/Turabian citations
- Export: options include EndNote, ProCite, CITAVI, generic Bibliographic management software, XML. MARC2, RefWorks
eBooks: When a user adds an eBook to their folder, information about the eBook appears in the eBooks area of the folder, without the eBook being checked out. eBooks may be added to the folder by clicking on the folder icon in the Result List or Detailed Record
The Note Taking feature allows you to take notes on eBooks and save the notes in your My EBSCOhost folder.
- From the page of the eBook on which you would like to leave a note, click on the Notes icon in the toolbar.
- Click the + New Note button that appears in the Notes area. If there are existing notes, they appear in a list in the Notes area.
Note: Click the Sign In link to save your note to your personal My EBSCOhost folder account.
- Enter your note text in the field provided and click the Save button.
- You can adjust how the text appears in your note using the Bold, Italics, and Underline buttons above the text field.
- Your saved note appears in the Notes list.
- Click the Note title to edit the text.
- Hover your pointer over the note to either Delete or view the page number of the note.
- Click the in the upper-left corner to close the Notes area.
You can search within Oxford American College Dictionary by clicking the Dictionary link in the top toolbar when eBooks on EBSCOhost is being searched.
To browse the Dictionary:
- Click the Dictionary link in the top toolbar.
- Enter a word, part of a word, or first letter of a word in the Find field in the left column and click the Browse button. A list of entries is displayed.
- Use the up and down arrows to browse through the Dictionary Browse List.
- To view an entry, click on the hyperlinked word.
EBSCO offers an app for accessing EBSCOhost from your iPhone and iPod Touch devices.
The EBSCOhost app is available for download from the iTunes app store.
After downloading the EBSCOhost app, it must be authenticated from within an EBSCOhost profile. To authenticate the EBSCOhost app:
- Click the EBSCOhost iPhone/iPod Touch Application link at the bottom of the page and enter your email address. An email with an authentication key is sent to you.
- Access the email from your device and click the link found in the email to authenticate the application.
You have 24 hours to access the key from your device to authenticate the app. If the key is not used within 24 hours, it expires and you will need a new key.
Note: Once it is authenticated, the app can be used for nine months, after which you must send yourself a new authentication key from the EBSCOhost interface.
The app is authenticated to the profile from which you emailed yourself the authentication key. To access a different profile from the app, click the EBSCOhost iPhone/iPod Touch Application link from within the new profile and complete the authentication steps.
- Minimum browser requirements are Internet Explorer 7.0, Firefox 3.0, and Safari 3.0.
- Adobe ® Reader® version 8.2 or later, installed to view the PDF Full Text files.