R.E.A.D.S. (Regional eBook and Audiobook Download System) is a database that offers over 140,000 popular fiction and non-fiction titles, accessible through your home computer. Files can be downloaded directly to your device using an app or transferred to an eReader or MP3 player. You may check out 15 eBooks or Audiobooks.
Check the Supported Portable Devices link on the R.E.A.D.S. home page to see if your device is compatible and which file types it can use.
For Smart Phones and Tablets
- OverDrive Media Console app is FREE and available for the following devices iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch, Blackberry, NOOK, NOOK Color, NOOK HD, Kindle Fire, and Android phones/tablets. Search for the app where you normally buy apps (App Store, Google Play, etc.). Use the Overdrive Media Console app to download both eBooks and Audiobooks to your device.
- Apple devices: the latest version of the Overdrive App requires iO6 or higher. For additional information see Overdrive's iOS system requirements.
Download software to your PC or MAC:
- Choose Adobe® Digital Editions for eBooks (not required for Kindle eReaders).
- Choose Overdrive Media Console software to download Audiobooks. Click on this link and scroll down to the bottom of the screen for options to download to a Mac, Windows Desktop or Windows 8.
- You will also need Windows Media Player for WMA files.
Overdrive Getting Started Support for all devices
- Amazon Kindle overview.
- Kindle eReaders overview.
- Kindle eReaders video tutorials.
- Kindle Fire Tablets overview. Note: download the Kindle version of an ebook.
- Nook eReader instructions.
- Nook Tablets overview. Note: Create an Adobe ID on a computer or mac prior to downloading an ebook.
- Nook Tablet instructions.