Go to http://reads.lib.overdrive.com and sign in to your R.E.A.D.S. account.
Type WILLIAMSON COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY or the name of your branch (BETHESDA, COLLEGE GROVE, FAIRVIEW, LEIPER'S FORK or NOLENSVILLE) into the box and press ENTER or CLICK on your library's name when it appears.
Type your LIBRARY CARD NUMBER in the box (all numbers and no spaces). Click "Sign In."
Your R.E.A.D.S. Account:
Your account opens to your BOOKSHELF. Links to your HOLDS, LISTS, and SETTINGS are on the right side of the screen. Your BOOKSHELF shows all the books you have checked out.
Go to the SETTINGS menu to choose your lending period.
Go to the HOLDS menu to view your holds. When a title becomes available you will receive an email. Sign in to your account and go to the HOLDS menu to borrow the title.
You can create a WISH LIST of titles you would like to borrow in the future.
You can also view LISTS of titles you have rated, books recommended for you based on your reading history, and books you've recommended for purchase.
Recommend a title for purchase:
When searching, select the ADDITIONAL TITLES button to view titles the Library does not own. Select the icon of a person holding a book to recommend the title.
Select the MENU icon in the top right corner of the screen. A lighter blue menu will drop down with categories for you to browse.
Search for a book by entering the TITLE, AUTHOR or KEYWORD in the SEARCH box. You can select ADVANCED SEARCH for more options.
Click on a BOOK COVER to get more information about the book. Books that are available have a darker book icon in the top right corner. (audiobooks have a headphone icon). Click on the RIBBON, next to the title, to place the book on your WISH LIST.
Select PLACE A HOLD to get on the waiting list for a book. You will then be prompted to enter your email address.
To borrow a book, select BORROW. The book will now appear on your BOOKSHELF. You can select the ACCOUNT icon to view your bookshelf.
You can also select GO TO BOOKSHELF to download or read the book in your browser.
Select Kindle Book:
You can only choose the format once, so choose carefully.
- Retrieve from Amazon
Retrieve your item by clicking on the yellow "get library book" button.
- You will have to sign in using your Amazon account information.
- Deliver the book to your Kindle by selecting it from the drop down menu box. You may select whether to transfer items to your Kindle, Kindle for PC on your computer, or any device on which you have downloaded the Kindle App. If your Kindle does not have WI-FI, you may choose to "deliver via USB". This will allow you to save the item to your desktop. You can then transfer it to your Kindle using your USB cord.
- You're done…happy reading!
**Once items are checked out and downloaded to your Kindle, you may manage them, delete them, or return them early by using the "Manage Your Kindle" link at Amazon.com
- Sign in to your Amazon account and go to "manage my Kindle." Click on the Actions drop down menu next to the book you want to return early. The menu is shown below. Click "return this book."
- Click "yes" to return the book.
- You will no longer be able to open the book. To remove the book file from your library click the "Actions" menu again and choose "Delete from library."
- Click "Yes" to confirm.
- Go to library's home page and click on R.E.A.D.S. eBooks/eAudio or http://reads.lib.overdrive.com to search for titles. This can be done by entering a title/keyword in the search box, or browsing audiobook fiction or audiobook nonfiction. You will need to download Overdrive Media Console to your home computer.
- Find an MP3 title that you would like (.wma is not compatible with Kindle) and click on "Borrow." If the title is not available, you may choose to place a hold on the title by clicking "Place a Hold." You will be notified by email when the title is available.
- You are ready to download the item. Click "Download" and follow the prompts to open the title in the Overdrive Media Console software. If you do not yet have the software, you can follow the window instructions to download the software for free.
- Overdrive Media Console should launch and you should see the title displayed in your list. Once you have successfully downloaded all of the parts, you can plug your Kindle into your computer using the USB cable. You should see your Kindle in the Computer menu on a PC or in the Finder window on a Mac.
- Hit "Transfer" in Overdrive Media Console to move the MP3 audiobook onto your Kindle device.
- You will then have to move the file into your Kindle "Documents" folder.