The Friends of the Williamson County Public Library (WCPLtn) is a non-profit, 501(c)3 service organization dedicated to the advancement of our community through its library. Friends' contributions, fund-raising activities, and volunteer efforts support adult and youth programs, maintain and increase collections, and provide new technologies, equipment and other improvements. Friends-sponsored book sales are held three times a year with all monies going directly back into the library.
The Friends support continuing education for library staff through the Jane Langston Continuing Education Fund and the Janice Keck Memorial Scholarship.
- Volunteer time and talent to help librarians as needed
- Help purchase books and needed materials
- Provide continuing education for Library staff
- Sponsor used book sales
- Encourage gifts, endowments, and memorials
- Promote the Library in our community
- President -- Lori Scarbrough
- Vice President -- Debbie Eads
- Treasurer -- Sandy Acquaviva
- Secretary -- Marifran Hiltz
- Book Sale Chair -- Johnny Paily
- Communication Chair -- Beth Seaman
- Historian -- Kay Bjork
- Historian -- Marie Jordan
- Hospitality Chair -- Marne Smith
- Membership Chair -- Cheryl Petty
- Public Relations -- Dolores Greenwald
- Sorting Room -- Aaron Broudy
The Friends appreciates all who gift the Library with gently used books and other materials. Materials that are accepted benefit the Library in several ways. Donated items are often used either to supplement the Library's collection, or to replace damaged or missing items. Materials that are not appropriate for these purposes are transferred to the Friends to be placed in the Book Sale. See the Gifts and Donations guidelines for more information.
The Friends encourages interested patrons to purchase new books for the library. Cash and check donations can be accepted by the library to purchase new books for the collection. Patrons may also donate books to honor an individual, give as a gift, or to commemorate a special event. Library staff will acknowledge donors and honorees/memorials when the donation is received. A book plate will be placed in each book(s) purchased with a donation of $20. For more information, contact the Acquisitions Librarian, 615-595-1242, ext.4.
To volunteer or for more information, please contact Friends Membership Chair Sarah Neal at 794-3105 x 1182 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Membership applications are available in the library or by clicking here.