One-On-One sessions may be scheduled by appointment with a member of the Reference staff. Please call or stop by the Reference desk to schedule a 30 minute session. One-On-Ones are limited to patrons with a valid library card. Session topics include how to use the library's resume software, review a resume for content and appearance, how to modify your traditional resume into PDF or scanned format, review Microsoft Office programs, social networking sites, setting up an email account, etc.
Computer classes offer basic, library-resource instruction for beginning and intermediate Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint programs. To register for classes call the Reference Department at 615-595-1243, and speak with a Librarian. If you are routed to voice mail or to another department continue calling 595-1243 until you have reached a Librarian. All sessions are held in the Main Library Computer Lab and seating is limited to 20. The current class schedule is posted on the web site.
Library materials are available to library patrons with an account in good standing.
- Many items are available for checkout and may be requested online through the library's catalog.
- Reference materials, call number beginning with an "R", are available at the Main Library in Franklin.
- Online resources are available in the library and from home and require a current library account number or user account.
- Library guests may use Reference materials, computers and online resources while visiting the library.
For a complete list of titles please review the Career Center's Featured List
PREMIUM ONLINE RESOURCES
IN LIBRARY RESOURCES
- Career Transitions
Online career guidance and planning resouce. Patrons of all ages may explore careers, education and training options, strengthen job search skills and build their own portfolio. Login = library account number.
- Learning Express Library
Library funded database offering career tests, workplace skills tutorials and interview preparation. Remote access requires a current library account number.
Library funded database of companies throughout the United States. Remote access requires a current library account number.
- eBook Collections: EBSCOhost and R.E.A.D.S.
Provide on site and remote access to books in PDF or epub formats. EBSCOhost requires a current library account number to access eBooks from home. R.E.A.D.S. requires a current library account number to check out titles.
- WinWay Resume Deluxe CD software. Available only in the Career Center of the Main Library. Resume Wizard will guide user to find closest job title match from 14,000 resumes, individualize the resume. Select an attractive theme or style and create industry standard email file formats. The Auditor feature is designed to find mistakes with dates, assistance with salary questions, and supply answers for sample interview questions.