Ask a Librarian
Receive answers to questions or suggestions on where to find information at the library or in our digital collections.
- Ask a Librarian online form
- Email questions to the Reference staff. Replies will be sent within 3 business days to the email address provided
- In person — staff are available at all branch libraries
- By telephone — call during regular library hours
Borrow a Book From Another Library (ILL)
Books, audiobooks and videos not owned by the Williamson County Public Library system may be borrowed from other libraries by patrons in good standing. No item may be requested within its first year of publication. The limit is 12 requests per calendar year per card holder. Check with the Library staff for details.
Borrow an eReader
Check out an eReader from any branch library. Place a hold in the catalog or ask staff. The loan period is 3 weeks and may be renewed 1 time. eReader content list by author and title.
Computers and Internet Access
- Access requires a valid library card, a TLC sticker or a guest pass
- Visitor Guest pass available with proper ID for 30 days
- Pre-school kids computers
- Public access computers with filtered internet access
- Internet policy
- Microsoft Office 2003 Suite: Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Microsoft Office 2010 Suite: Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher, Word
- Black & white printing 10 cents per page, color printing $1.00 per page
- Free wireless internet access (WIFI) is available at all branches
- Wireless printing is available at Main, Fairview and Nolensville Libraries. Not available with Windows 7
Now the entire collection of the Williamson County Public Library system is available to you from any branch library. The courier service runs 5 days a week, Tuesday through Saturday. Expect delivery in a few days if the book is available on the shelf.
A send only fax service is available at the Circulation Desk of the Main Library and branch libraries. Local call fee is $1.00 for the first page and $0.25 per additional page thereafter. Long distance fax fee is $2.00 for the first page and $0.25 per additional page thereafter. No charge for the cover sheet.
During the tax season, February through April 15, WCPL hosts tax preparation assistance in partnership with the IRS's Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA). More information is posted on our income tax page along with a list of tax forms available at the Main Library . Tax forms are available online at the IRS web site.
Lost and Found
Low Vision Reader
The Franklin Lions Club donated a low vision reader for public use at the Main Library. It is located on the second floor in the Reference Department. Reference staff are available to assist with the reader.
Meeting rooms are available at the Main, Fairview and Nolensville libraries for use by local non-profit groups and organizations. Please review the Meeting Room policy prior to contacting staff to make a reservation. Meeting room reservations require a minimum of two weeks notice and a signed guidelines agreement prior to the meeting.
Contributions may be made "in honor of" and "in memory of" individuals and families at all branch libraries. Larger contributions may be designated to make ongoing purchases of materials or to purchase furnishings or other equipment (Please note that these items will not carry a donor plate).
- A $20 gift will purchase an individual book in which is placed a gift plate listing the names of both the donor and the honoree. The library also sends a notice of the gift to the family of the person in whose honor or memory the book is given.
- The donor may specify a subject.
- Contributions of less than $20 are placed in the Enrichment Fund and used cumulatively to purchase larger and more expensive materials.
- Call 615-595-1242 (ext. 4) 9am - 4pm, Monday through Friday with any questions.
Notary service is provided without charge during regular library hours by appointment. To schedule an appointment at the Main Library please call 615-224-6086. If visiting a branch library call before coming to confirm that a Notary will be available.
Curious about what to read next? Librarians at each branch are ready to assist you. At the Main Library, visit the Reference Desk or call 595-1243. Books & Authors database is a great online resource for discovering new authors. Join one of WCPLtn's book groups.
Librarians in the Reference Department are ready to provide assistance in using our print and database collections. They will also provide help navigating the library's growing eBook reference collection.
- Residents of Williamson County may contact the library to pre-arrange a date and time to take a proctored exam.
- Arrangements are made based on the availability of staffing on the requested date.
TWRA Boating Safety Exam
- The TWRA Boating Exam must be taken online. The test taker must have a valid Williamson County library card, TLC sticker or computer guest pass.
- A test taker between the ages 11 and 17 must have permission to use the internet on his/her library account.
- A computer guest pass may be issued to a test taker under the age of 17 as long as a parent or guardian is present to sign the application.
- Appointments are required. Call 615-595-1243.
- Prior to the exam, Type 600 boating safety exam permit must be purchased for $10.00. Permits are available at stores that sell hunting and fishing licenses.
- The exam permit will also serve as a temporary certificate if you pass the exam.
- Test takers can get a free study guide, "Boat Tennessee: A Course on Responsible Boating" at the Reference desk.
Voter Registration Forms
Copies of the Mail-In Voter Registration Form are available at all library locations. Contact each location for more information. Mail-In Voter Registration Forms are also available as a PDF file.